Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Feeding our souls

A New Year's resolution is to make my time more valuable this year by using it wisely. Interesting how we consider time as a commodity - we use it, spend it, waste it, and heaven forbid, kill it. I want to make the moments count and consider carefully what I do with my days. I make a point of having music on while I work and will now not just wait for vacation time to read, but will spend part of each day reading. As I walk on the treadmill or relax in a recliner at the end of the day, I am treasuring the time I can spend reading uplifting prose and poetry to fill my mind with meaningful images to replace the cacophany that television brings into our homes. "Traveling With Pomegranates" by Sue Monk Kidd and her daughter Ann is nourishing my soul at present, as the books 'The Woman Who Named God' by Charlotte Gordon and 'The Joining' by Vishara Veda have done over the past few weeks. I would love to hear what you are doing with your time and what you are doing to feed your soul.

No comments: